November 16th, 2008
Well, today's art-making was a frustrating experiencing. I was trying out a new material and it was going well until it suddenly went very wrong and the whole thing turned into a big gray mud puddle. Doh! I scraped it all down and started over, trying to just play at this point. And it was just one of those days where nothing was flowing. Somewhere along the way, I decided to let it go and ended up with this little elephant. He's cute, but the whole experience had me feeling a little cranky. Gotta let go. Experimenting is good, failure is even good and I did learn some things in the process. Here's my little elephant, which is acrylic on 6"x6" panel.
This week in Soul Coaching the theme is "Fire." And today's exercises have to do with facing your fears, listing them out and then imagining how you would survive the worst case scenarios. Some of my fears have to do with rejection, although these particular fears have lessened over time as I'm taking rejection less personally. It still bothers me, but not nearly as much. I hope to tackle some of my lingering rejection fears this week.
-Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
-Post the rules on your blog.
-Write six random things about yourself.
-Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
-Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
-Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
6 Random Things About Me:
- I'm the shortest person in my family.
- I've dreamed about the sex of the baby (and been right) for all my siblings and a couple friends.
- I find slapstick humor (especially people falling down) incredibly (and stupidly) funny.
- I have a series of freckles on my face that if connected would make the shape of a lawn chair.
- I get all twitchy if someone repeats the same word over and over again.
O.k., so I'm supposed to tag some people. I've resisted doing it all together lately as I don't want anyone to feel left out. But I also know it's nice to receive an award now and again, so I'll pass this one on with the note that I'm overwhelmed by the multitudes of creative bloggers I've met through doing AEDM and CED. Seriously. You all deserve awards. For today, I'd like to nominate:
- Andrea of A Cat of Impossible Color, whose awesomely thrifted outfits make me wish she could manage my wardrobe.
- Jennifer of Life Unfolds for her incredible sweetness and boundless creative energy.
- Julia of Red Otter for her beautiful arrangements of inspiration.
- Shelley of Oiseaux for her stunning creations.
- Tammy of Women, Art, Life: Weaving it All Together for inspiring me with her gorgeous artwork and incredible energy.
- Judean (aka luf) of Sukeydookiedoo for being my bff and an endless source of support and creative inspiration.