CED June Theme: Sound
May 26th, 2009
The *totally optional* theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge in June will be Sound!
This theme may be a stretch for some of you, but I encourage you to play with it.
How can you use this theme in your creations? Well, you could use the previous themes to help you brainstorm by getting playful and writing all the ways you could intepret the theme. Perhaps you will dream in colorful song? Or perhaps you will begin exploring the the sounds of your natural environment?
I will be posting about the theme throughout the month with different ways to approach it. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Make art inspired by a song or song lyric.
- *Create art to music and see how the type of music you listen to impacts your creations.
- *Explore making your own music.
- *Try sound healing.
- *Read poems out loud.
- *Sing (in the shower, in the car, with your kids, in public.)
- *Use guided visualizations in your art.
- *Pay attention to the sounds in your environment and reflect on them in your creations.
- *Make a recording of your voice to post on your blog (I'm planning to do this!)
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
And have fun with it!
Music... can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable.