CED July Theme: Self
June 27th, 2009
The *totally optional* theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge in July will be Self!
I will be posting about the theme throughout the month with different ways to approach it. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Do a series of self-portraits.
- *Get creative with your rituals of self-care
- *Write an autobiographical essay or poem.
- *Explore what your space says about you.
- *Have fun with your personal style.
- *Express yourself in an art journal.
- *Play with your personal symbols.
- *Write a letter to yourself from your higher self.
- *Create a vision board about your deepest visions for yourself.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
And have fun with it!
"The most beautiful art comes from our deepest, rawest selves; it rises from within like the hoot of an owl or the song of a whale." ~Jan Phillips, Marry Your Muse
p.s. The art I used in at the top of the post is from my painting, Lantern, which I modified slightly for this theme post.