Creative Every Day Challenge Theme for October: Connect
September 26th, 2009
The *totally optional* theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge in October will be Connect! I'm thinking of it in terms of exploring what finding connections in your art, making connections with community, connecting to yourself, to nature, etc..
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Join in and connect with others in online challenges like Illustration Friday.
- *Explore connections in your art.
- *Find ways to connect creatively with Nature, with your body, or with your home.
- *Connect with others through a swap (aceo's, journals, books, etc...)
- *Write about the way you connect with yourself and others.
- *Try connecting with new people through media like Twitter or visit some of the CED participants (see the sidebar.)
- *Leave art or fun messages in your neighborhood as a way to connect with your community .
- *Create your own in-person, creative group meet-up or have an art picnic with friends.
- *Take an online class to connect with like-minded souls.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
And have fun with it!
Creativity belongs to the artist in each of us. To create means to relate. The root meaning of the word art is "to fit together" and we all do this every day. ~Corita Kent