Creative Every Day Theme for January 2010: Body
December 28th, 2009
At the end of each month I will be announcing the totally optional theme for the following month. January 2010's theme will be: Body.
As always, the themes for the Creative Every Day Challenge are totally optional. Use it if it sparks you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. For the theme of Body, I'm thinking in terms of the human body, a body of work, a body of water, etc... There are endless ways you can play with the theme and I'm open to any interpretation.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Put your whole body into your creating. Move while you work.
- *Make work based on the human figure. Take a life drawing class or draw yourself.
- *Create a body of work on a common theme.
- *Try body painting or have yourself painted with henna designs. .
- *Incorporate daily movement into your life and see how it impacts your creativity.
- *Write a love note to your body.
- *Focus on your favorite part of your body and create something inspired by it.
- *Make body prints: Finger prints, foot prints, or whole body prints!
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
And have fun with it!
The body never lies. ~Martha Graham