Creative Every Day Theme for May: Intuition
April 26th, 2010
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. May 2010's theme will be: Intuition.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it sparks you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between.
I'm thinking of this theme in terms of exploring your intuition in creative ways, writing about it, and making intuitive art. There are endless ways you can play with the theme and I'm open to any interpretation.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Explore what following your intuition has meant to you in writing.
- *Let the your intuition be your guide as you choose materials for a collage.
- *Try intuitive painting.
- *Follow your gut as you make choices in your day.
- *Notice if you have any intuitive nudges to try a new medium and then go for it!
- *Let your body move intuitively to music.
- *Do some drawings with your eyes closed, open your eyes, and notice what you see in your scribbles.
- *Begin a creation with no plan in mind. Let your intuition guide you to the medium, the first stroke, the next step.
- *Spend some time getting still to re-connect with your still, small inner voice.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us. ~R.W. Emerson
p.s. The art above was adapted from my painting, "Lantern" which is available here.