Creative Every Day theme for June: Bliss
May 28th, 2010
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. June 2010's theme will be: Bliss. You can hear me talk a little bit about it in the video above. I thought it was such perfect synchronicity that The Happy Book (part of Jamie Ridler's traveling book group) made it's way to me the same week I'd be announcing Junes' theme! Here's the little painting I did in The Happy Book after I made the video.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it sparks you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between.
I'm thinking of this theme in terms of exploring your bliss in creative ways, writing about it, making art that brings you joy, and finding the bliss in your everyday life. There are endless ways you can play with the theme and I'm open to any interpretation.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Explore the idea of bliss in writing. Perhaps write about your ideal day.
- *What color is joy to you? Use that in a painting.
- *Make lists of what makes you happy and bring more of those things into your everyday life.
- *Make art for the pure sensory pleasure about it. Play with fingerpaints, crayons, and glitter glue!
- *Create pieces that express the feeling of pure bliss.
- *Notice if your space feels blissful and if there are small changes you could make to increase that feeling.
- *Smile as you create. Notice how it affects your work.
- *Bring some silliness into your work.
- *What mediums speak joy to you? Create with those things.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls ~Joseph Campbell