Creative Every Day Theme for July: Life
June 27th, 2010
I apologize for being missing in action this month, everyone! I've been taking some time to rest and heal and I'm still on that path. However, I'm ready to return and am excited to share this month's theme!
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. July 2010's theme will be: Life. As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it sparks you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between.
I'm thinking of this theme in terms of exploring life in creative ways, writing about it, making art inspired by it, and noticing the life in your everyday world. There are endless ways you can play with the theme and I'm open to any interpretation.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Write about your life, autobiography style.
- *Notice the life that surrounds you and make art inspired by it.
- *Create collages that explore the cycle of life, death, and rebirth.
- *Make art that explores your life's history.
- *Pay attention to how it feels to be alive. What does this inspire you to create?
- *Spend some time in nature, sketching or writing about the life around you.
- *Use plants or flowers you find in nature to make prints with.
- *Breathe some life into your space. Maybe a plant, a bouquet of flowers, a splash of color?
- *Paint your favorite creatures.
- *Draw portraits of the beings (human or animal that live in your space.)
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? ~Mary Oliver