Creative Every Day theme for October: Autumn
September 27th, 2011
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of October 2011, the theme will be Autumn.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2011 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Take a walk and collect items that say fall to you.
- *Use the items you've collected to make an "ode to autumn" arrangement in your space.
- *Photograph a place in nature each day to capture the changes that happen during the season.
- *Use fallen leaves to make prints or rubbings.
- *Paint in autumn colors.
- *Concoct warm drinks or foods that make you think of fall (think nutmeg, apples, and cinnamon!)
- *Think back to your favorite fall moments and capture them in a poem.
- *Press the last flowers of fall between the pages of book to savor or create with later.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus
p.p.s.Get ready for next month, when we take a break from the themes and celebrate Art Every Day Month!