Creative Every Day Theme for January: New
December 27th, 2011
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of January 2012, the theme will be New.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2012 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *What do you want to bring your way in the new year? Make a vision board of what you'd like to manifest.
- *Try something new this month. A new medium, technique, or style you've been wanting to try.
- *Bring new life to an unfinished piece of writing or artwork.
- *Make your space new again by re-arranging things, putting up new art on the walls or bringing in some fresh flowers.
- *Focus on what's new for you in a poem or piece of free-form writing.
- *Explore a new place for inspiration.
- *Try a new recipe or sample a new food that you've never tried before.
- *Upcycle a piece of clothing to make it new again.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” ~Lao Tzu