Creative Every Day Theme for April: Language
March 27th, 2012
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of April 2012, the theme will be Language.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2012 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Include writing in your native tongue or a foreign language in your work.
- *Let the origins of a word inspire you.
- *Write a poem and speak it out loud.
- *Use pages of a book in a mixed media piece.
- *Write a children's story.
- *Express an idea in the language you imagine an object (chair, tree, cloud) would speak if it could.
- *Try expressing yourself through the language of movement.
- *Let what you wear tell a story today.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
Art is a language, an instrument of knowledge, an instrument of communication. ~Jean Dubuffet