Creative Every Day Theme for February: Light
January 29th, 2013
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of February 2013, the theme will be Light.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2013 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Get out in the sunshine. I know it may be cold in your world, but the sunshine is good for you. Let it inspire your work.
- *Write about how light or lack there of impacts you.
- *Fill your space with different kinds of light as you create. Light some scented candles. Let the atmosphere inspire you.
- *Paint with the colors of the sun.
- *Draw and/or doodle with a light-hearted attitude. Have some fun!
- *Create something that will light up someone else's day. A special meal, a sweet valentine, a bunch of gerber daisies?
- What makes you feel lighter? Movement, releasing your thoughts through words, painting, talking to someone? Add more of what makes you feel light this month.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. ~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross