Creative Every Day Theme for January 2015: Lost and Found
December 23rd, 2014
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of January 2015 the theme will be Lost & Found. Thank you to Eris Weaver for the theme idea! Got theme ideas of your own? Comment below or email me!
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2015 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Dig through your art supplies and use what you find!
- *Make a piece of art based on the idea of lost and found
- *Write a poem about something that you've lost.
- *Take a peek in a lost and found box, take note of the items and use them as your inspiration. What story do those items hold?
- *Do some purging in your space. I always find "lost" items when I do this.
- *Go on a walk in nature and be inspired by what you find out in the world.
- *Do some "found art" and leave it for someone to find.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!