Creative Every Day Theme for January 2016
December 19th, 2015
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. January's theme is Art For Healing.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2016 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
When time allows, I'll be posting about the theme to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Work out an area of your life that needs healing through your artwork.
- *Trace your body. Draw, paint, and write in any areas that need healing.
- *Treat yourself to something that's healing to you: a bath, a massage, a nap.
- *Write in a stream of consciousness style about anything that's troubling you.
- *Are there particular colors, scents, or sounds that are healing to you? Surround yourself with them this month.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
p.s. Thank you to es.nobuntu for the theme idea!