Entries Tagged as: Games
June 26th, 2009, Comments (21)
The cubes are like two dice that you can roll any time during the day to shake things up and help move you through any stuckness you're feeling by using movment and sound. I just shook my set and got "stretch" and "sigh." Try it out. Don't you feel better?
Gretchen is looking for some feedback on the words she'll be using on the new set of cubes and has set up a short survey to get some feedback, so she can choose the best possible words. Please give your feedback on Muse Cubes here. It's quick, easy and anonymous! Thanks in advance!
I've also been playing with my copy of Wreck this Journal for Jamie Ridler's book group. I decided this was the week to take the journal in the shower and I did that yesterday with amusing results. After the shower, I decided my journal deserved it's own little towel.
Poor thing got washed well and I'm not sure how it's feeling about its first ever shower. I mean, it got really wet.
And it got scrubbed too. Even behind the ears, but especially on the "Scrub this page" page.
Only problem is, one day later and my journal is still all wet. I think it's the humidity we're having and all the rain. But wait, as I type this, the sun has poked out! I want to cry I've missed the sun so much!
O.k. Just put the journal out for a little sunbathing. Hope that helps things. I'd like to take the journal along with me on my trip to NYC this weekend, but if it's going to be a big wet mess, it may miss the party. I thought about taking a hair dryer or heat gun to it or popping it in the dryer...Hmm, what do you think will work best?
June 25th, 2008, Comments (9)
Last night, my sister took me to a Red Sox game. It was so stormy all afternoon and there was lightning shooting across the sky on my way into Boston. But after a slight delay to clean up the field, the game went on and it turned out to be a beautiful night. The game went amazingly quick and the end was particularly exciting with a great turnout (Sox won 5-4). I especially enjoyed the crowd's energy and singing along with the Fenway favorites such as "Sweet Caroline." They stopped playing the song part way through because the game was starting up again, but the crowd kept singing the song. Fenway has such a great atmosphere. And check out the gorgeous sunset we got too! I'm a bit zonked today from all the jumping around in the stands, but I'm glad that it's not storming again. I love a good thunderstorm, but I prefer the sunshine during the day. I love summer.
I'm feeling so full of summer-joy and gratitude today. Besides the fabulous Sox game last night, some things that are making me happy:
- I had a great email chat with Julia about favorite childhood books and today she posted about some of those fabulous books and the impression they leave on their readers. The picture of the Nancy Drew book brought back such wonderful memories!!
- Karen purchased a piece of art that I made this month and today she posted about it with a picture of her holding it (I posted the pic below.) What a treat! She's too cute and it was great fun to see the art safe and sound at its new home with a happy new owner. Thanks so much for sharing that, Karen!!
- Andrea's pics of clothes on a clothesline. When I was little and got really angry, my mom says I used to call people a "clothespin" as an insult. hah!
- This necklace from Jes. I love the bird!
- Love this Craftcast podcast about color. The interview is with Margie Deeb, a bead artist who writes and teaches classes about the subject of color. I particular liked her discussion about the emotion behind the colors we are drawn to. Fascinating. Margie also has a blog about color for bead artists here, but I think it's interesting for any artist using color.