Entries Tagged as: Weblogs
August 4th, 2007, Comments (6)
Beware of Attack Cat! Heh.
Ok, I need to properly size the art pics...coming soon. In the meantime, I've gotta catch up on some tags!
First off, I was nominated for a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award from the super sweet Cheryl and the beautiful spirit Ruby and the lovely Paula. Thank you, ladies! You Rock! The last time one of these awards went around, I tagged 10 people instead of 5 and still felt guilty. I mean, I read a lot more than 10 blogs and obviously I think they all rock or I wouldn't read them...there are so many rockin' girls on that list. Some people will make a general, non-specific tag which I totally understand. I don't like feeling left out and I wouldn't want to make anyone else feel that way. At the same time, I've enjoyed reading other people's lists because sometimes it introduces me to blogs I've never read before that I end up loving! I hope the ladies that I love dearly, know how much I love them without a nomination. So, I'd like to pass this on to 5 rockin' girl blogs that are relatively new to me in the hopes that maybe I'll introduce you to someone new!
1. The Diary of Artist Shayla Perreault Newcomb: I believe I came upon her blog via one of these awards. I was fascinated by her use of used coffee filters in her art! And of course a sweet kitty pic or two is a sure way to win me over.
2. Cherylol: Cheryl has been consistently cracking me up, inspiring me, and wowing me with her gorgeous creations. She's awesome. Go see and thank me later.
3. Anonyrrie: Ok, so Carla's blog isn't new to me, but she's got a brand new blog that looks just lovely and I love the amazing texture in her artwork, so I felt obliged to point you in the right dierction.
4. Contemplating the Moon: I adore Bridgette's gorgeous encaustic work. It's rich and dreamy and I enjoy reading about her process.
5. Art Biz Blog: This is a great one for all you artists. Alyson Stanfield is a teacher, writer, blogger, and coach who focuses on art marketing. I've been taking an online class with her this summer about art promotion and it's been packed full of great info. Her blog is a great resource and I have her posts emailed to me, so I don't miss a word.
I hope I introduced you to a new blog that you'll enjoy! I've also been tagged by the business savy Mindy of Wish Studio, to share 8 random facts about myself. The challenge with these memes is trying to think of something I haven't shared that's semi-interesting. Ok, here we go:
- I'm not a fan of sugar cereals. I think this is because my dad is a doctor and in my early years sugar cereal was not allowed in the house. I was the oldest, but by the time child number 3 came around, somehow sugar cereals were suddenly allowed. I had no interest though and I never found a taste for them. I'd rather eat wheat chex.
- One day in third grade, my teacher announced, "Tomorrow will be catch-up day." I was all confused thinking she meant "Ketchup Day." I spent the whole day pondering what in the world that would entail. Would we be studying ketchup? Should we all dress in red? Well, much to my disappointment, catch-up day wasn't nearly as interesting as I had imagined. It's too bad. Perhaps I should designate a day as Ketchup Day.
- In my baby book, my mom wrote that the first time I ever drank out of a glass, I was 5 and a half months and I reached for my dad's glass of coca-cola and took a few sips with a little help. I've been hooked on the stuff ever since. I can't drink diet soda as the fake sugar gives me a headache, so I drink the regular. I know it's not good for me, but man oh man do I love it. Slice of lemon and a cup of ice are like the cherry on top.
- I feel badly throwing things away. I feel bad for pieces of paper and old stuffed animals. It's a bit irrational. Sometimes, I can get up the courage and just start throwing things out. Moving usually helps this process, so I'm sure I'll unload a lot of crap when I move next.
- I don't like to play sports because I suck at them. Believe me, I've tried everything. As a kid I was put through all sorts of lessons for every sport imaginable. It's true that competition makes me super anxious and it's not a fun experience. But I think that if I was any good at sports, I'd like to play because I am rather competitive...or maybe it's just that I don't like losing. The fiansor found this out while watching me watch Red Sox games during the play offs. I get a little rowdy. Actually, I think he found this out by playing Connect 4 with me. Heh.
- I have a shoe box full of old cards given to me by family and friends. I know cards usually get tossed after they're read, but some of those birthday, graduation, Christmas, Valentine's, thinking of you cards carry messages I want to hold onto forever. I read through them sometimes when I need a lift. When my Grammy passed away years ago, I found out she had a similar shoe box with cards from us and from my dad and now those cards are in my shoe box too.
- I tend to wear more subdued colors...blues, greens, browns, grays, blacks. But every so often I like to throw in a splash of color like a bright red pocket book, an orange disc on a necklace, or bright orange flip flops. I think the quirkiness in me comes through in little bits and pieces like that.
- I have favorite paint brushes. I go through phases with certain brushes where I can use one brush for nearly the entire painting just because I'm liking it so much. I'll often have one or two brushes like this until I wear them into nothingness and have to move on.
Phew! That was not easy! If you'd like to try this meme out, feel free!