Currently, I'm working on living my life authentically, head-on, and with loads of love. I fill my life with my daughter's giggles, kitty snuggles, silliness, art, good books, and hot chocolate.
I'm an artist and I live with "the hubster" near Boston, Massachusetts with our baby girl and our four fuzzy cats.
I love to inspire with the art I make and share. Check out my online art store where you can purchase my prints and original artwork here: Blue Tree Art Gallery
Art Every Day Month (AEDM) is a month-long challenge that happens every November. Since 2004, some bloggers have joined me in the project of making and posting some kind of art everyday for the month. Feel free to join in in November! The idea behind Art Every Day Month is to encourage creating in all forms. Every one is creative and that can come out in anything from photography to cooking to painting. I encourage others to join in this truly no-pressure challenge. If you get in a piece of art every day, then great! Look at AEDM as a soft nudge to add more creativity to your everyday life with a bit of group support.
Continuing on that theme, in 2008, I started a low pressure, all-inclusive, year-long adventure called the Creative Every Day Challenge. Loads of creative bloggers have joined in the challenge and they're all listed on my sidebar. Click the Creative Every Day logo in the sidebar to find out more and join in anytime!
100 Things1. I got married on 10/13/07.
2. The colors were brown and blue (two of my favorite colors.)
3. There was a tree theme throughout.
4. The day was romantic, beautiful, everything I could have asked for.
5. I was with the hubster for 6 and a half years before we tied the knot.
6. We met when I was looking to rent a room and he had a room available in his apartment.
7. I saw his apartment ad online and we talked on the phone.
8. We hit it off immediately.
9. He told me the house he lived in looked like R2D2.
10. I said that was perfect because my name is Leah! (like the princess)
11. I didn't end up renting the room.
12. But he im-ed me a few weeks later.
13. We talked online and then on the phone for hours and hours.
14. And then he asked me out on a date and the rest is history.
15. I'm the oldest of 4 kids not including a step-brother and step-sister.
16. The hubster and I welcomed our daughter, Annabelle, into the world on May 2nd, 2011
17. She's the most wonderful thing I've ever created.
18. The hubster and I love cats.
19. I had 2 cats and he had 2 cats before we moved in together. Now we have 4.
20. Our wedding vows mentioned accepting an abundance of cat hair.
21. I love paper.
22. I recently learned to sew and made the curtains and crib skirt for my daughter's nursery.
23. I had a blast designing the nursery.
24. I've been drawing since I was 2 years old. My mom kept some of my drawings of ladies in hats.
25. I love snuggling, but I'm not very touchy-feely.
26. I love to see new places and I love to fly.
27. I have two tattoos.
28. I'm super short. 5 feet and a half inch.
29. I'm the shortest one in my family.
30. People often think I'm younger than I am.
31. Now that I'm in my 30's, I don't mind that at all!
32. I'm introverted and get exhausted spending time in large groups.
33. It doesn't mean I won't have fun, but I'll be really drained afterward.
34. I love books and places where books live, like bookstores and libraries.
35. I did the Artist's Way in a small group years ago and it made a big impact in my life.
36. A few years later, I led a group of over 100 bloggers through the book online.
37. I went to art school.
38. I started out as a painting major and then switched to art history.
39. I thought maybe I'd teach art or art history or work in a museum.
40. I worked as a manager for a historic house museum for two years.
41. I found that museum work was more business related than art related.
42. I felt the call to get back to my art.
43. It took me awhile to get over the voices of old teachers in my head.
44. But once I loosened up, I started creating again.
45. I was a foreign exchange student when I was fifteen.
46. I lived with a family in Madrid for a month.
47. It opened my mind up substantially.
48. I love hot chocolate...heck, I love all chocolate.
49. I love small boxes and I enjoy collecting them.
50. I love the moon and the stars and could stare at them for hours and hours.
51. I love being near bodies of water.
52. I love taking baths and I look forward to having a big bathtub to soak in someday soon.
53. I got my first journal as a gift from the tooth fairy when I was 6.
54. It had bees and bears on it and there was a dollar inside with a note from the tooth fairy.
55. I've been journaling ever since.
56. My favorite book as a child was "The Little Engine That Could"
57. I loved it because of the pictures, especially the pictures of the train full of colorful lollipops and toys. They were so pretty.
58. I knew all the words to the book, so I knew if my mom skipped a page while reading.
59. I love the smell of citrus, fresh bread, vanilla, chocolate chip cookies, coconut, wood burning in a fireplace, the smell of spring and the smell of fall, baby smell, chamomile, honey, and freshly cleaned sheets.
60. When I was younger I had a felt cape that said "Super Leah" on it. I wish I still had it!
61. I'd like to write and illustrate children's books. I have a few ideas in the works.
62. I have a big orange cat purring in my lap as I type this.
63. I'm a terrible clothing shopper. I can spend lonnng periods of time looking and pondering and trying clothes on and then leave with nothing.
64. I have extremely vivid dreams. Last night I dreamt that I was a little boy with asthma hiding on a boat.
65. I've held many jobs, such as: muralist, real estate agent renting apartments in the city, museum manager, nanny and now full time artist.
66. I'm writing a book about creativity.
67. I'm a bit messy.
68. I loved doing theater in high school.
69. I met my best friend doing shows.
70. She was one of my maid's of honor.
71. And I was one of hers.
72. I love watching birds.
73. When I was little, I used to sit outside with a bird book and try to identify the birds that came to the birdfeeder.
74. I love to laugh.
75. I have a very loud laugh.
76. You could find in me a crowd by it.
77. I don't wear make-up most days.
78. When I do, it's usually just some mascara and lip gloss.
79. My hands are usually cold.
80. I'm a very light sleeper.
81. I sing and dance in my car.
82. I like to sing and dance in the shower, but I've almost slipped a couple times, so I have to be careful.
83. I can entertain myself very easily.
84. I love synchronicities.
85. I see the numbers 7 and 17, alone and in combination, everywhere.
86. My one vice is coca-cola, although I rarely drink it anymore.
87. Sometimes I have intuitive dreams that come true.
88. I knew the sex of each of the 3 babies my mom had after me. I also knew the sex of the babies of two good friends of mine. I dreamt them.
89. I didn't dream the sex of my baby, but I just knew she was a girl right away.
90. I love flowers and being in nature, but I do not have a green thumb.
91. I love handmade jewelry.
92. I love colored glass.
93. I'm in love with trees.
94. I make wishes on shooting stars.
95. I love learning.
96. I always have a cat calendar.
97. I'm not a great driver, nor am I good at sports or video games.
98. I think I have some sort of trouble spatially.
99. I like white noise when I sleep.
100. I enjoy drawing chalk mermaids on the sidewalk.
cats, painting, collage, art, reading, sewing, yoga, snuggling, laughing, jon stuart, the ocean, the moon, the stars, rob breszny, tom robbins, sark, julia cameron, blogs, chocolate, crazy socks, massage, and being silly.
- Email Address: