CED February Theme: Words!
January 21st, 2009
January isn't over yet, but I want to give you a little something to get excited about, the theme for Creative Every Day Challenge in February!
The *totally optional* February theme will be Words. There are SO many ways to approach this theme. You could:
- Play with writing (fiction, non-fiction, poetry.)
- Use words in your artwork.
- Combine writing and art in an art journal.
- Alter a book.
- Learn the definitions of words and see what it inspires.
- Pay attention to the words you use.
- Practice saying mantras.
- Write and send letters or postcards (to friends or yourself!)
- Bake letter shaped cookies.
How to use the themes:
- If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving.
- In the case of words, explore how you can use words in your work, journal about what words means to you, or use one of the examples above!
- Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't.
- I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate that particular theme into your life. Feel free to make suggestions or share how you use that theme in your creative worlds throughout the month.
- Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
- Have fun with it!
Words are alive; cut them and they bleed. --Ralph Waldo Emerson