Creative Every Day Theme for February: Passion
January 25th, 2011
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of February 2011, the theme will be Passion.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2011 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *What is the color of passion? Mix a color and paint with it.
- *Write freely about your passions.
- *Cook a passion-filled meal. Serve it to someone you love.
- *Move with passion as you create.
- *Try doing everything with passion for one day.
- *Share your favorite passions with someone else. Teach them what you love about it.
- *Return to the things you were passionate about as a child.
- *Express your passion for a loved one in a piece of art.
- *What are you most passionate about? How can you have more of it in your life?
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead. ~Joss Whedon
p.s. The art above is adapted from my painting, Heartland.