Creative Every Day Theme for September: History
August 27th, 2011
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of September 2011, the theme will be History. Thank you to dt.haase for the theme suggestion!
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2011 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Explore your own personal history through art.
- *Use old photos, maps, or text in a collage.
- *Pick a time in history and write as if you were living in that era.
- *Look into art history, read up about a favorite artist or visit an art museum.
- *Dress in the colors or style of a fashion period you love.
- *Cook a recipe that your mother or grandmother used to make.
- *Capture a moment of your personal history in a poem.
- *Read historical fiction and let it inspire your work.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
History is a cyclic poem written by Time upon the memories of man. ~Shelley