Creative Every Day Theme for December: Winter
November 28th, 2011
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of December 2011, the theme will be Winter.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2011 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Paint in the colors of winter.
- *Go out into nature and take pictures of the snow or the bare branches against the sky.
- *Cook cozy comfort foods.
- *Create an environment that warms you up and inspires you. (candles, cocoa, and blanket forts?)
- *Write a poem about the darker months of the year.
- *As this year comes to its conclusion, take some time to reflect on what the last 12 months has held for you.
- *Create art that plays with idea of hibernation.
- *Dream up ways to bring more color into your life this season.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show. ~Andrew Wyeth
p.p.s. I'll soon have info about signing up for the 2012 Creative Every Day Challenge!