Creative Every Day Theme for August: Shadow
July 31st, 2012
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of August 2012, the theme will be Shadow. Thank you to Kristen of the spirit that moves me for the theme suggestion!
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2012 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Take your camera out on a sunny day to capture your shadow or the shadows of other objects.
- *Trace the shadow of your body or another object on a piece of paper and use it to start a piece.
- *Write about your shadow self.
- *Focus on the contrast of light and shadow in your work.
- *Sit in the shadows of a tall tree and dream up some creative plans.
- *Trying shadowing someone as they move.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
“Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance.” -Carl Sandburg