Creative Every Day Theme for April: Color
March 29th, 2013
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of April 2013, the theme will be Color. Yes, I have done a color theme before, but after black and white, and an especially long, gray winter, I'm longing for some color in my life! A friend recently sent me home with a pot of daffodils. How refreshing. I'm ready for Spring!
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2013 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Bring some color into your home, like the daffodils my friend gave me. Notice how it inspires you.
- *Take one of your black and white pieces from last month and bring some color into it or remake it with color.
- *Pick a color and write free-form about it for 5 minutes.
- *Go on a hunt for a specific color, take your camera with you and snap pictures of that color you see on your walk or throughout the day.
- *Paint something with your favorite color as your inspiration.
- *Play with rainbow colors. See where it takes you.
- *How can your make your food or your wardrobe more colorful this month?
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
I advise students on the subject of color as follows: If it looks good enough to eat, use it. ~Abe Ajay