Creative Every Day Theme for July: Blue
June 29th, 2011
At the end of each month I will announce the totally optional theme for the following month. For the month of July 2011, the theme will be Blue.
As always, this month's theme for the Creative Every Day Challenge is totally optional. Use it if it inspires you, continue being creative every day in your own way if it doesn't, or do something in between. You can sign up for the 2011 Creative Every Day Challenge anytime. More info can be found here and the sign-up page is here.
I'll be posting about the theme throughout the month on the blog to help keep you inspired. You can use the posts here for jumping off points or interpret the theme in your own creative way. If you need some suggestions, here are a few ideas to get you started. You could:
- *Paint in all the shades of blue.
- *Take your camera out for a walk and capture whatever you see that's blue: houses, sky, puddles, sidewalk chalk...
- *Feeling blue? Write it out.
- *Have a blue themed day: Dress in blues, eat blue foods, write in blue ink.
- *Get calm and day dream by a body of water.
- *Blend a blue smoothie.
- *Create a cartoon with your favorite blue monsters (mine are cookie monster and Grover!)
- *Collage with layers of blue tissue paper.
How to use the CED themes:
If you're feeling creatively stuck or blocked at any point during the month, use the theme as a source of inspiration to get you moving. Feel free to focus on the theme in your creative activities for the entire month or as much as you'd like.
Using the theme is entirely optional for CED participants. Use it if it inspires you, ignore it if it doesn't. I'll be sharing posts throughout the month around the theme (among other things) to get you thinking about how to incorporate it into your life. I'd love to hear how you use the theme in your creative world.
And have fun with it!
If you see a tree as blue, then make it blue. -- Paul Gauguin